In a progressive move towards further establishing the Digital Economy as a strategic engine of growth for the country, the Malaysian Government, partnering with Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC), BSN Bank and the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC), has officially announced the MSME Digital Grant under the ‘MALAYSIA MADANI’ initiative as part of Budget 2023.
[Pic above – MDEC Senior Vice President Gopi Ganesalingam (centre) with SiteGiant Founder and CEO Stanley Lim (left) and Commerce.Asia Group CEO Kuna Kathigesan.]
This collective effort aims to accelerate the digital transformation of Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) in Malaysia.
Eligible MSMEs stand to gain a subsidy of up to 50%, with a maximum of RM5,000, generously provided by the Malaysian Government, to facilitate their adoption of digital technologies.
SiteGiant, a strategic powerhouse within the Commerce.Asia Group of Companies, and Malaysia’s preeminent ‘all-in-one’ eCommerce enabler group, stands tall with a database of 8.4 million SMEs and 52,000 active sellers, spanning seven countries, and generating a staggering RM6.2 billion sales volume in 2022.
At its end, SiteGiant is regarded as the leading eCommerce Omnichannel Platform in Malaysia, posting some RM5.1 billion GMV in 2022.
Now, it strides forward as an authorised Digital Partner for the MSME Digital Grant MADANI initiative, offering an expertly curated suite of Omnichannel eCommerce solutions tailored for MSMEs.
MDEC Senior Vice President Gopi Ganesalingam said: “We, at MDEC, are thrilled to join forces with strategic digital partners like SiteGiant to catalyse the digital leap for Malaysian MSMEs. The MSME Digital Grant MADANI initiative stands as a testament to our collective commitment towards nurturing a digital-savvy business ecosystem and fueling a resilient, inclusive, and sustainable economy. Together, we will chart a transformative journey, fostering digital adoption and innovation among MSMEs across the nation.”
Who qualifies for MSME Digital Grant MADANI?
To qualify for this initiative, MSMEs must satisfy the following criteria:
- At least 60% ownership by Malaysians.
- A track record of at least 6 months in operations.
- An annual turnover exceeding RM50,000.
- Registered under the Companies Commission of Malaysia (SSM), Local Authorities (PBT), or Malaysia Co-operative Societies Commission (SKM).
- No prior receipt of a digitalisation matching grant.
To apply for the MSME Digital Grant MADANI, interested MSMEs must submit an online application form along with the following documents:
- Copy of identity cards / Passport of director(s) / partner(s) / proprietor(s)
- Business registration certificates / SSM Business Profile / SKM registration docs
- Latest audited accounts, management accounts or latest two-month bank statements
- Invoices from Digitalisation Partners
Empowering MSMEs with SiteGiant’s Omnichannel eCommerce Solutions
As mentioned previously, SiteGiant, a Malaysia’s leading enabler of Omnichannel eCommerce solutions, has been designated as an authorised Digital Partner for the MSME Digital Grant MADANI initiative. SiteGiant offers a comprehensive suite of omnichannel eCommerce solutions, meticulously tailored to address the distinct needs of MSMEs.
- SiteGiant Webstore Solution: Offering over 70 customisable webstore themes, SiteGiant allows businesses to create a distinct brand presence with personalized webstores, no coding skills needed. SiteGiant Webstore is SEO-friendly and comes with integrated payment gateway and logistics solutions.
- SiteGiant Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Solution: A multichannel eCommerce ERP designed to streamline the daily eCommerce operations of MSMEs. It enhances efficiency in managing product listings, inventory control, order fulfillment, customer service, and accounting integration across various channels such as Lazada, Shopee, TikTok Shop, and more, all from a single platform.
- SiteGiant Retail Solution: An integrated point-of-sale (POS) solution that seamlessly unifies retail and online sales, offering real-time inventory synchronisation to prevent out-of-stock situations and overselling.
- SiteGiant Warehouse Management System (WMS) Solution: A smart warehouse management system that enhances overall warehouse operations and increases order fulfillment capacity by up to 300%, accommodating over 10,000 daily orders.
- SiteGiant OMO Mobile Membership and Shopping App Solution: Empower your customers with a personalized shopping experience through custom shopping apps and easy membership registration, complete with rewards and points.
SiteGiant Founder and CEO Stanley Lim expressed his pride in the partnership, stating: “SiteGiant has been a frontrunner in eCommerce innovation since 2013, assisting over 10,000 SMEs in their digital journey. We are honored to be part of this initiative that empowers more SMEs to thrive in an increasingly online-driven economy. We encourage all eligible SMEs to leverage this grant and incorporate SiteGiant’s Omnichannel eCommerce Solutions to fuel their growth.”
Meanwhile, Commerce.Asia Group CEO Kuna Kathigesan said: “SiteGiant, as a pivotal arm of the Commerce.Asia Group, has consistently broken new ground in democratising eCommerce across the Southeast Asian region.”
“In the spirit of innovation and empowerment that has defined our journey, we are immensely proud to be allied with the MSME Digital Grant MADANI initiative. This collaboration heralds a new chapter where Malaysian MSMEs, underpinned by our robust digital solutions, can seamlessly transition into the digital era, fostering economic growth and fortifying our digital economy. Together, we will sculpt the future landscape of digital commerce in Malaysia,” added Kuna.
Don’t Miss Out – Transform Your Business Today!
MSMEs looking to incorporate SiteGiant’s Omnichannel eCommerce Solutions can enjoy a grant of 50% off or up to RM 5,000 as part of the MSME Digital Grant MADANI. The grant will remain open until the full allocation of RM100 million has been disbursed.
Additional information about the grant and SiteGiant’s offerings can be found here or at https://sitegiant.my/msme-digitalization-grant-2023/